The Hastings Herring Fair is a free event where you can get to know this undervalued but versatile fish.
Stade Open Space, Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 November 2017, 11am to 4pm
The sixth Hastings Herring Fair will showcase herring cooking and smoking along with other fish, local wine and beer, and veggie options. There will also be a beer festival run by a local microbrewery, and a host of music and entertainment.
Hastings has the largest beach-launched fishing fleet in Europe and they fish using sustainable methods, as they have for over 1,000 years. Come and get to know the fishermen and their craft, and the ‘silver darlings’ that are prized elsewhere in Europe but undervalued locally.
(to be confirmed September/October – see last year’s below.)
- Belgian Cafe www.thebelgiancafe.co.uk
- Biddenden Vineyard www.biddendenvineyards.com/
- Carr Taylor Vineyards www.carr-taylor.co.uk
- Elizabeth Santer Creative Catering
- Flushed www.facebook.com/flushedhastings
- Harbourne Vineyard www.harbournevineyard.co.uk
- Hastings Fishermen's Protection Society www.hastingsfish.co.uk
- Hastings Tourist Information Centre www.hastings.gov.uk
- ICFA www.association-ifca.org.uk
- Mwah Dim Sum Bar www.facebook.com/jiao.jiao.3720
- O'er The Moon Confection www.oer-the-moon.co.uk
- Olives R Good 4 U twitter.com/olivesrgood4u
- Ralph and Poppy ralphandpoppy.co.uk
- Real Fruit Ice cream
- Red Lion, Brede www.redlionbrede.co.uk
- Rock a Nore Fisheries www.redlionbrede.co.uk
- Stratta www.stratta.org
- Sublime www.sublimecatering.co.uk
- Webbe's www.webbesrestaurants.co.uk
- Wessex Archaeology www.wessexarch.co.uk
Stade Open Space, Old Town, Hastings
The main routes to Hastings are the A21 (which is linked to the M25 providing a quick route from London) and the A259 coast road.
The site is a 15 minute walk from Hastings station. If you are planning to visit the Herring Fair site by train, please check times as services to Hastings will be disrupted all weekend due to engineering works.
SatNav: TN34 3AR